Can you believe that another summer is said and done! YES. Time has gone fast in some ways and others it has dragged on for all eternity. Jake and I are ready for the kids to go back to school however, Alissa and Kaiden are not. I think Jake is most looking forward to the peace and quite and not getting picked on all day. I can't say that I will miss the noise at my home, that will stop around 9:00AM Monday morning August 25th but, I will miss no, really, I think school is great solution to the voices in my head that have been telling me 'It will all be over soon, you're not crazy yet'.
I am looking forward to this school year full of adventure and learning and peace and quite. Don't get me wrong, I adore and love our kids but a mom can only take so much. I was talking with a friend, who is a teacher, and I said that I was glad that the kids are going back to school and her comment was, "I'm not". I told her that if she were to have my kids that she could tie them up, however even with a parents permission she said that she would be in trouble. When I replied that I wouldn't tell she says the other kids would. I tried to help.
Now that my frustrations are over back to me...I am not a big talker about inner feelings and such but I will tell you that I just read the funniest book, Confessions of an Unbalanced Women, by Emily Watts. I feel exactly like her. (If you have read this book you will be able to understand the next little bit, if you haven't I suggest that you read it!!) Emily first story is that she spends hours matching socks and then still she ends up matching them wrong. This is my life...matching socks and never seeming to get it just right in the end... She makes many points but my favorite was about finding balance...the brick she calls it. (I think that I lost my brick at my last house! Has anyone seen it, I may just have to find another). Balance is one of the things I desperately need to work on. I can let casual things take over...some of you know my latest obsession. I need to find that happy middle. I'm getting there, to all my freinds I'm sorry!
Emily Watts has many great ideas...one that I found hilarious was that movies make us girls think that our husbands should be perfect all the time. As many of us know no man is perfect, especially husbands sometimes. Yes, I love my honey dearly and wouldn't know what to do without him. But it we are looking for the perfect guy without any flaws to make them totally dependent on us we will sadly be disappointed. Sometimes flaws make the quilt of life all the more interesting. I find that when something doesn't go exactly as I wanted it or my quilt doesn't get tied with the perfect knot, it can disrupt my thoughts. However Heavenly Father has a way of showing us what we need not necessarily want we want. President Paul Grant, my mission pres, said to me once after a month of pure torture with a compaion, that Heavenly Father gives trials to those childern he loves the most. My reply was that I am his favorite!
Okay, you have seen a little of the real me...don't think I'm crazy in the literal sense, just a little unbalanced. Now to friends that pushed me to get this done, I am glad that I took the time out to put it all out there! Thank you and in the end I hope that you can all still love me!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I think i just love you even more... :)
So I clicked on the link of the "mystery fish eats duck" video and it would have been the best ever seeing me jump a mile high, but I had the volume off on my computer!
Oh, I just realized that my name doesn't show so... "sassy 'n single" would be none other than lil' miss trouble, Jen Baldwin!
Unbalanced...I thought that was "normal"! You are a great girl and I just love you!
steph i know i thought i was too. :)
Post a Comment